(Competency #1-Intro & Purpose)
Welcome to the Digital Preservation blog! This blog was created to compile my competencies of Information Storage and Retrieval. Designed for my Information Storage and Retrieval course, I will share and publish items learned throughout the course along with other helpful links.
I am currently employed at a public library working in the public services at the circulation desk. I am drawn to both academic and public libraries. My areas of interest are programs for patrons of all ages, circulation services, and digital preservation. This blog will include comments, resources, and other findings on digital preservation.
What is digital preservation? Digital preservation is the management of digital information that requires much attention in this world of fast evolving digital technology. Wikipedia provides a detailed definition: “Digital preservation is defined as: long-term, error-free storage of digital information, with means for retrieval and interpretation, for the entire time span the information is required for.” ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_preservation )
As my course on Information Storage and Retrieval progresses, I will explore in depth the challenges and solutions to digital preservation in this digital age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment