Library Lit Database
Using this database, I performed a search for "digital preservation" in abstracts. A total of 220 records were retrieved with the criteria selected. I scanned through the first 30 records, and found zero articles relevant to what I was seeking. Instead, I changed the search to locate records with "digital preservation" in titles. A total of 360 records were obtained. After sifting through some of these, I was satisfied with what this search retrieved. To refine my search, I narrowed the number of hits to 28 by selecting articles published in the year 2009. Below is the article I chose from my search of "digital preservation" in titles and published in 2009.
Mani, N. (2009). Digitisation: Preservation and Challenges. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 29(1), 69-71. Retrieved October 5, 2009, from Library Lit & Inf Full Text database.
Books In Print (BIP) Database
My first attempt to search for videos on "digital preservation" using the QuickSearch on BIP was a failure. Only three hits were retrieved and not relevant at all to my topic of interest. On my second attempt, I decided to search a bit broader by selecting to search "digital preservation" using keyword indexing to retrieve results, and to locate books "in print" and "forthcoming." I total of 461 hits were retrieved. I selected the book below because this is a perfect resource for those who are needing to understand and have a step-by-step process on how to digitally preserve personal memories using current technology.
Baldridge, A. (2009). Organize Your Digital Life: How to Store Your Photographs, Music, Videos, and Personal Documents in a Digital World. National Geographic Society.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment